POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dxf to pov Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  dxf to pov (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: WhiteGandalf
Subject: dxf to pov
Date: 1 May 2002 10:59:12
Message: <20020501165853225+0200@news.povray.org>
Hello,

since the free DXF to POV converter available for mac is old and buggy,
I started to project and deleop my own "dtop". I make it for my own use
since I need some features; howewer I tried to make an expandible design.
At the moment there is nothing to release (just some testing, unuseful
code) since the free code I found around in the internet can't do the
right job I want.

I post here to know if others would welcome this utility, if the
features I need could be needed also by others etc. I have some
experience in programming and use POV since a long time, howewer when
one needs to implement something some questions always arise, especially
since using paper&pencil one never uses polygons in POV.

The code will be plain C for compatibility and I probably plan a release
for UNIX and one for Mac, porting it elsewhere will be probably a matter
of giving in and out files and some options. If I see some interest I
will probably release the source free.

So let me know, I plan to have something working soon, everything is
promising and as soon as the server that holds my pages comes up... I
will post what I have.

Regards,
Ric