POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : An idea; does anyone work at a company who funds OSS? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:37:00 EDT (-0400)
  An idea; does anyone work at a company who funds OSS? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: INVALID ADDRESS
Subject: An idea; does anyone work at a company who funds OSS?
Date: 17 Nov 2016 18:02:22
Message: <1533450394.501116322.007706.gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom@news.povray.org>
It would be interesting to see if anyone works at a company that would
donate to OSS with *no strings attached*.

I checked with mine, and they don't do it at all, but some do and take a
tax deduction.

PovRay would be a good project to suggest if you know a place which does
this.

Just an idea...

Ian

Post a reply to this message

[GDS|Entropy] <gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom> wrote:
> It would be interesting to see if anyone works at a company that would
> donate to OSS with *no strings attached*.
>
> I checked with mine, and they don't do it at all, but some do and take a
> tax deduction.
>
> PovRay would be a good project to suggest if you know a place which does
> this.
>
> Just an idea...
>
> Ian

As far as I'm aware, Povray is not considered a tax-exempt organization in the
USA for tax purposes. Maybe it is in other countries?

Post a reply to this message

> [GDS|Entropy] <gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom> wrote:
>> It would be interesting to see if anyone works at a company that would
>> donate to OSS with *no strings attached*.
>>
>> I checked with mine, and they don't do it at all, but some do and take a
>> tax deduction.
>>
>> PovRay would be a good project to suggest if you know a place which does
>> this.
>>
>> Just an idea...
>>
>> Ian
>
> As far as I'm aware, Povray is not considered a tax-exempt organization in the
> USA for tax purposes. Maybe it is in other countries?

Oh, that is a shame then. :(
There goes that idea I guess lol!