POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Google Trends Server Time
5 Oct 2024 04:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay Google Trends (Message 17 to 26 of 126)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: PovRay Google Trends
Date: 12 Nov 2016 02:47:00
Message: <5826c8f4$1@news.povray.org>
On 11-11-2016 19:30, LanuHum wrote:
>> On 11-11-2016 15:55, LanuHum wrote:
>>> A lot of exclusive and beautiful work done by users Povray.
>>> Many of the works are unique, but are created using text editors.
>>> People used their own software solutions.
>>> Now very few who want to use a text editor to create 3d-scenes.
>>
>> Ah! There it is! This has been indeed one of the major complaints:
>> people (outside of POV-Ray) do not want to create using text editors
>> (any more). They consider this to be some kind of digital prehistoric
>> way of modelling. If you are cool you certainly do not do it that way.
>> We are not neanderthals any more after all. ;-)
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>
> I will not argue.
>
> I did not go for full automation of the way.
>
> However, kicking to the moon is not reached. Even if very much to believe in
> yourself. Conservatism - not the way of the future. Yes! You're a talented
> artist!
> How many people you teach work in Povray?
> I'm not talking about the forum.
> I do not speak ill of the Povray and its users.
> I wish you success!
> I say that you do not want to evolve with the times. You do not want to adopt
> modern techniques.
> Talk about some Moray (50 kilobytes of source code)
> Folder Blender in Linux - 380 megabytes. Problem: y instead of z, z instead of y
> :))))
> Keys for any parameter animation textures, vertex keys; bones; dozens of
> modifiers and deformers ... plus your manually code or
> your manually code plus keys for any parameter animation textures, vertex keys;
> bones; dozens of modifiers and deformers...
> It all can not help you and your students?
> You will not be surprised by a man who shaves with an ax?
>
> :)))

I was certainly /not/ giving my own opinion here, as I hope you
understand, and I was using irony. ;-)

Sadly enough, it seems to be the opinion of a lot of people outside of
POV-Ray, who consider it to be hopelessly outdated. :-(

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> I was certainly /not/ giving my own opinion here, as I hope you
> understand, and I was using irony. ;-)
>
> Sadly enough, it seems to be the opinion of a lot of people outside of
> POV-Ray, who consider it to be hopelessly outdated. :-(
>
> --
> Thomas

I understand the irony! :))))
But, Povray is strong, but the approach to it is outdated.
I'll prove it.
I took to develop the animation boiling mud using Povray. I do not see another
close renderer for this idea.

Open your favorite text editor, I'll open a Blender3d.
:)))))

Post a reply to this message

> > I was certainly /not/ giving my own opinion here, as I hope you
> > understand, and I was using irony. ;-)
> >
> > Sadly enough, it seems to be the opinion of a lot of people outside of
> > POV-Ray, who consider it to be hopelessly outdated. :-(
> >
> > --
> > Thomas
>
> I understand the irony! :))))
> But, Povray is strong, but the approach to it is outdated.
> I'll prove it.
> I took to develop the animation boiling mud using Povray. I do not see another
> close renderer for this idea.
>
> Open your favorite text editor, I'll open a Blender3d.
> :)))))

Thomas, boiling mud - it's here:
http://gunganima.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/QSefigqf850.jpg

Poser will help you!  :)
Warning! No static image! Animation!

Post a reply to this message

>> Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
>>

>>> I was certainly /not/ giving my own opinion here, as I hope you
>>> understand, and I was using irony. ;-)
>>>
>>> Sadly enough, it seems to be the opinion of a lot of people outside of
>>> POV-Ray, who consider it to be hopelessly outdated. :-(
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thomas
>>
>> I understand the irony! :))))
>> But, Povray is strong, but the approach to it is outdated.
>> I'll prove it.
>> I took to develop the animation boiling mud using Povray. I do not see another
>> close renderer for this idea.
>>
>> Open your favorite text editor, I'll open a Blender3d.
>> :)))))
>
> Thomas, boiling mud - it's here:
> http://gunganima.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/QSefigqf850.jpg
>
> Poser will help you!  :)
> Warning! No static image! Animation!

You will need to join the end of the Queue. :)
Thomas is working with me. So don't distract him. :P

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Date: 12 Nov 2016 11:20:01
Message: <web.582740ab5604f237a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> You will need to join the end of the Queue. :)
> Thomas is working with me. So don't distract him. :P
>

> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

o.k. I am the last to welcome Thomas to. :))))))))))

But Thomas should know that I signed to him to the reception. :)))

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Date: 12 Nov 2016 18:16:47
Message: <5827a2df$1@news.povray.org>

https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=pov-ray,blender%203d,pov%20ray,sketchup

> I found that the interest in Pov seems highly localized, whereas blender
> and sketchup are more widely spread.
>
> What is this hope of which I speak?
>
> Well, SketchUp is apparently MADLY popular, and there is a plugin called
> SU2POV which allows interop.
>
> I didn't even know it existed until I specifically searched for a Sketchup
> plugin for Pov...so I think if that plugin could be improved, and sketchup
> users here and elsewhere did a bit of old-school mid 90's software
> evangelism...Pov might just get a good influx of new blood.
>
> This would need to be done most especially by those speaking other
> languages, due to the highly localized interest in Pov vs sketchup.
>
> Does anyone else have thoughts about this? Strategies?
>
> Ian

The main reasons I use POV-Ray are because it's free, and because I'm
too lazy to learn Blender. My 2 cents.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Sherry K  Shaw
Date: 12 Nov 2016 23:01:33
Message: <5827e59d$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

> Ah! There it is! This has been indeed one of the major complaints:
> people (outside of POV-Ray) do not want to create using text editors
> (any more).

I Do Not Fingerpaint.

I Do Not Use Software That Expects Me To Fingerpaint.

I Am A Grownup.  I Can Read And Write.  I Can Do Math.

Reading And Writing And Math Are Accurate.  Fingerpainting Is Guesswork.
  I Like Accuracy.  I Do Not Like Guesswork.

I Like Reading And Writing.  I Like Doing Math.  I Want To Read And
Write And Do Math.  I Do Not Want To Fingerpaint.

And that's why I do POV-Ray.*  :)

--Sherry Shaw

* Oh, and also because it is awesome.

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Nov 2016 02:59:30
Message: <58281d62$1@news.povray.org>
On 12-11-2016 17:17, LanuHum wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> You will need to join the end of the Queue. :)
>> Thomas is working with me. So don't distract him. :P
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards
>>      Stephen
>
> o.k. I am the last to welcome Thomas to. :))))))))))
>
> But Thomas should know that I signed to him to the reception. :)))

Oh, right! I shall take the back door to avoid the queue and the press ;-)

I think I shall pass the hot potato to Stephen; after all, he is the
animation expert. I am not good at it...

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Nov 2016 03:07:25
Message: <58281f3d$1@news.povray.org>
On 13-11-2016 5:02, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>
>> Ah! There it is! This has been indeed one of the major complaints:
>> people (outside of POV-Ray) do not want to create using text editors
>> (any more).
>
> I Do Not Fingerpaint.
>
> I Do Not Use Software That Expects Me To Fingerpaint.
>
> I Am A Grownup.  I Can Read And Write.  I Can Do Math.
>
> Reading And Writing And Math Are Accurate.  Fingerpainting Is Guesswork.
>  I Like Accuracy.  I Do Not Like Guesswork.
>
> I Like Reading And Writing.  I Like Doing Math.  I Want To Read And
> Write And Do Math.  I Do Not Want To Fingerpaint.
>
> And that's why I do POV-Ray.*  :)
>
> --Sherry Shaw
>
> * Oh, and also because it is awesome.

Absolutely! Although, me, I am not very good at math, so I mix POV-Ray
with a bit of fingerpainting.

[blush][small print] I like fingerpainting [/small print][/blush]

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 13 Nov 2016 03:17:35
Message: <5828219f$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/13/2016 7:59 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 12-11-2016 17:17, LanuHum wrote:
>> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>>> You will need to join the end of the Queue. :)
>>> Thomas is working with me. So don't distract him. :P
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>      Stephen
>>
>> o.k. I am the last to welcome Thomas to. :))))))))))
>>
>> But Thomas should know that I signed to him to the reception. :)))
>>

> Oh, right! I shall take the back door to avoid the queue and the press ;-)
>
> I think I shall pass the hot potato to Stephen; after all, he is the
> animation expert. I am not good at it...

But I will be trying to learn blender so I am disqualified.

Shame about that. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen