POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rejoice I say unto thee! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Rejoice I say unto thee! (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: Tony[B]
Subject: Re: Rejoice I say unto thee!
Date: 3 Oct 2000 02:14:07
Message: <39d9792f@news.povray.org>
> >No! Please let us use MPEG4!!! :)
>
> Dear God, no.  Let us use something us non-borg can get a free codec for.

MPEG4 isn't OS specific. The current implementations have only been for
Windows and other popular non-*nix OSes (AFAIK), but with the OpenCodex
contest, I'm sure something good will pop up. I'm just saying for them to
let us use whatever becomes standard.

PS: I do not guarantee the correctivityness* of any of the above. It is
merely what my little, uninformed brain could chug out at 1:15AM.

*Yes, I know that's not a real word... :)

Post a reply to this message

> MPEG4 isn't OS specific. The current implementations have only been for
> Windows and other popular non-*nix OSes (AFAIK), but with the OpenCodex
> contest, I'm sure something good will pop up. I'm just saying for them to
> let us use whatever becomes standard.

Did anybody say it is OS specific?

     Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

Tony[B] <ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote:
: The current implementations have only been for Windows

  Although this trend has been there for at least 5 or 10 years, it still
exasperates me.

  It's no wonder why Microsoft is so rich although it makes slow and buggy
software.