POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with parabola Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:27:25 EDT (-0400)
  Help with parabola (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: mick
Subject: Help with parabola
Date: 5 Sep 1998 09:08:21
Message: <01bdd8c5$e09ec3a0$b144a8c2@wphnvffu>
Help!

I have drawn a parabolic shape using the formula y = X^2

The parabola is composed of spheres scaled into ellipses with the longside
in the y direction

I have been trying to rotate each ellipse so the the length is pointing in
the direction of the parabola

I need to calculate the gradient at each point. I'm no mathmatician so
Please help

Post a reply to this message