POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Peak memory usage : Re: Peak memory usage Server Time: 29 Oct 2020 22:12:43 GMT
  Re: Peak memory usage
From: Kenneth
Date: 13 Sep 2020 18:50:00

> ...Apparently this statistic is no longer reported by more
> recent versions.

Hi Bill.

In Windows 7, I'm currently working on a scene in the latest v3.8 alpha (which
runs from within 3.7.0 of course), and it does report peak memory usage, in the
messages pane. But in my case, sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't. I have
no idea why.

(During a render, it also gives a running tally of used memory at the bottom of
the main editor window-- but that value reverts back to the 'idle' memory-usage
value as soon as the render is complete.)