POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 2D image of parsing : 2D image of parsing Server Time: 29 Oct 2020 23:06:01 GMT
  2D image of parsing
From: Kima
Date: 14 Aug 2020 13:55:00
This question is not practical, and I just want to better understand POV-RAY!

As I understand, POV-RAY calculates the location and texture of objects during
the PARSING process. Then, in the RENDERING process, calculates the colour of
each pixel by raytracing.

I wonder if it is possible to calculate the pixels after the parsing process?

The result should be a 2D image of the 3D scene, as no light is applied.

For example, a sphere should be seen as a plain circle.