"Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> So - this seems very much like how I set up a lot of my include files - using an
> "SDL" variable - which if set, ignores the leading code block of the file, and
> if not, #declares all of the usual things one needs to render the file (as a
> standalone scene) like #version, camera, light_source, etc.
> You've gone an extra step and created a macro and stack - which is what I've
> been playing with in another set of files that is under development.
> I think what you have is good - and would benefit from being supplemented with a
> series of files to demonstrate the function and utility of the macro, and
> highlight the tricky situation(s) that might exist and which the macro and stack
> Then wrap it up in a [version-marked] zip file.
Thanks for your advice. I have a bunch files I used to test the macro. I just
need to clean them up and create an read me file. I showed the macro here as
kind of a teaser, just to show its basic set up. So people could evaluate it.
It's hard for me to decided just what I should put on my website that other
people can use. There are things there that should be dropped or reworked.
I don't get on the net to often (as you can tell by this late reply) and when I
do there is so much stuff to do that I don't chat as much as I should. So I
don't get a good feel of what is useful to other users of POV-ray.
Post a reply to this message