POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How do you optimise +A +R +J? : How do you optimise +A +R +J? Server Time: 24 Sep 2020 21:06:03 GMT
  How do you optimise +A +R +J?
From: Kima
Date: 14 Jul 2020 12:05:01
The default setting of POV-Ray, which is

+A0.3
+R3
+J1

is sufficient for most scene. However, in some cases, we need a higher accuracy
to have smooth edges. For examples, I found we have dark pixels at the edges of
spline made of sphere when the path is a straight diagonal line. However, this
is highly scene-dependent (light, contrast, etc).

All three parameters can contribute to a smooth edge, but massively increases
the rendering time in this order (R > A > J).

In most cases, it is just overkill.

Do you have any suggestion for optimising these values to get the highest
visible quality while minimising the rendering time?