POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Just musing about a pattern function... : Just musing about a pattern function... Server Time: 20 Jun 2019 07:32:34 GMT
  Just musing about a pattern function...
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 11 Mar 2019 00:30:01
So, I was wondering if it were possible to define a pattern that depends on if
the surface of one object is coincident with another.

object A, Object B, and an overlapping surface.

I was thinking about it initially from the perspective of ease-of-use in
highlighting imperfections in CSG / math,

pigment {overlap {_textureA, _textureB, _textureOverlap}}

but then it occurred to me that if this were possible, then

pigment {overlap {_textureA, _textureB, _textureB}}

would take care of a lot of coincident surface problems.

Just brainstorming and wondered if this might spark some ideas.