POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 02:32:57 EDT (-0400)
  Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone? (Message 13 to 22 of 22)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone?
Date: 10 Dec 2019 13:50:01
Message: <web.5defe80ccce2d5d4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> yes, I appreciate that.  hence the idea that there should be two distinct
> frontend (prisms and pulleys) macros, utilising the existing more or less as
> they are.

Nope, just need to add one more bit to find a tangent between a point and a
circle.
http://www.ambrsoft.com/TrigoCalc/Circles2/CirclePoint/CirclePointDistance.htm

> wrt moving parts, my guess is that the "trick" will be working with (and from
> the perspective of?) the full length of the rope/cable, since it needs to look
> reasonably realistic when animated.

Seems like Leroy worked most of that out already.

If you could get this to work with that...
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C3c4d365b%40news.povray.org%3E/

Post a reply to this message