POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : broken web link in '3.2.8.6 BSP Bounding' section Server Time: 18 Jan 2019 02:03:55 GMT
  broken web link in '3.2.8.6 BSP Bounding' section (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Kenneth
Subject: broken web link in '3.2.8.6 BSP Bounding' section
Date: 26 Sep 2017 19:15:01
Message: <web.59caa689440b3477883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
I just came across a broken web link in the docs, pertaining to BSP bounding
(I'm using v3.7.1 beta 9)

In the section  3.2.8.6 BSP Bounding,   the link is in this sentence...

"For an explanation of what the values mean you may refer to Ray Tracing News
»article by Eric Haines."

I found Haines's current webpage at
http://erich.realtimerendering.com/

.... then the link there to the archived 'Ray Tracing News' stuff at
http://www.realtimerendering.com/resources/RTNews/html/

But I don't know which of those many articles is the appropriate one.

Post a reply to this message

> I just came across a broken web link in the docs, pertaining to BSP bounding
> (I'm using v3.7.1 beta 9)
>
> In the section  3.2.8.6 BSP Bounding,   the link is in this sentence...
>
> "For an explanation of what the values mean you may refer to Ray Tracing News
> »article by Eric Haines."
>
> I found Haines's current webpage at
> http://erich.realtimerendering.com/
>
> .... then the link there to the archived 'Ray Tracing News' stuff at
> http://www.realtimerendering.com/resources/RTNews/html/
>
> But I don't know which of those many articles is the appropriate one.

i was doing some 3.8 updates and was able to find the article ...
changed the link here:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Tracing_Options#BSP_Bounding

thanks!

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 1 Oct 2017 09:10:00
Message: <web.59d0b04f3cfb8f8289df8d30@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <spa### [at] nothanksnet> wrote:

> i was doing some 3.8 updates and was able to find the article ...
> changed the link here:
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Tracing_Options#BSP_Bounding

Excellent detective work! Much appreciated.