POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Radiosity file command line param typo Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:55:26 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity file command line param typo (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Robert McGregor
Subject: Radiosity file command line param typo
Date: 5 Mar 2011 17:10:01
Message: <web.4d72b4a32a6c38e894d713cc0@news.povray.org>
I was just reading the POV-Ray help file in the RC3 Windows version about the
radiosity save_file / load_file deprecation and see this:

Radiosity_File_Name="" or +RF"" to set the cache file name;
Radiosity_From_File= or +RF   to enable reading the radiosity file at startup
Radiosity_To_File= or +RFO  to enable writing new samples to the radiosity file
If both +RFI and +RFO are specified, new samples gathered are appended;
otherwise, +RFO causes the file to be overwritten if it exists.

Maybe you've caught & fixed this already, but the command line param for
Radiosity_From_File should be +RFI instead of +RF.

www.McGregorFineArt.com

Post a reply to this message

On 03/05/2011 06:09 PM, Robert McGregor wrote:
> I was just reading the POV-Ray help file in the RC3 Windows version about the
> radiosity save_file / load_file deprecation and see this:
>
> Radiosity_File_Name="" or +RF"" to set the cache file name;
> Radiosity_From_File= or +RF   to enable reading the radiosity file at startup
> Radiosity_To_File= or +RFO  to enable writing new samples to the radiosity file
> If both +RFI and +RFO are specified, new samples gathered are appended;
> otherwise, +RFO causes the file to be overwritten if it exists.
>
> Maybe you've caught & fixed this already, but the command line param for
> Radiosity_From_File should be +RFI instead of +RF.

> www.McGregorFineArt.com

nope i didn't ... thanks Rob