POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Description for max_gradient in parametric object a bit too "advanced" Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Description for max_gradient in parametric object a bit too "advanced" (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: SharkD
Subject: Description for max_gradient in parametric object a bit too "advanced"
Date: 16 Jan 2008 14:40:00
Message: <web.478e5d7fc13940bd368884fc0@news.povray.org>
I would like to suggest that the description for the max_gradient parameter of
the parametric object be explained further for those users who are not fluent
in calculus. E.g., the docs could describe the effects of increasing or
decreasing this value in the simplest terms possible, or describe what
relevance calculating the maximum of the absolute values of all the partial
derivatives has on the rendering. Further, the example code provided does not
give an example value. It just has two question marks ("??"), instead of the
stipulated float value, causing the scene to not render (I believe this to be
an error/typo).

Thank you.

-Mike