POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : doc suggestion Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:35:39 EDT (-0400)
  doc suggestion (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
Subject: doc suggestion
Date: 4 Jun 2002 11:38:19
Message: <s7npfu468980qkmalbiko2beafqevals83@4ax.com>
I wonder if there is a sense to explain in documentation what 'current
directory' means. I mean - what is 'current directory' in case of parsing
include file. Personaly I expect it is directory where include file is but
looks like it is directory of main scenefile (probably becouse of security
issues). I think 6.2.1 and 5.2.3.4 could be more precise in this part ( or I'm
not understanding some part of English ( or I'm a little oversensitive ( or
I'm missed some chapter with better explanation ))).

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> I wonder if there is a sense to explain in documentation what 'current
> directory' means. I mean - what is 'current directory' in case of parsing
> include file. Personaly I expect it is directory where include file is but
> looks like it is directory of main scenefile (probably becouse of security
> issues). I think 6.2.1 and 5.2.3.4 could be more precise in this part ( or I'm
> not understanding some part of English ( or I'm a little oversensitive ( or
> I'm missed some chapter with better explanation ))).

With a command line version of POV-Ray is should be clear what 'current
directory' means, it's probably because POV-Ray has been a command line
program in general in the past that this is not explained more detailed.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 02 Jun. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______