POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : image function Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:58:56 EDT (-0400)
  image function (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
Subject: image function
Date: 23 Feb 2002 12:54:24
Message: <ihlf7ug81p1jpggidgh752e2qeiscancpu@4ax.com>
Considering all discusions about antialiasing I think it could be worth to
mention in 6.7.11.16  of new 3.5 documentation: is this image somehow
supersampled or not.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

From: Felix Wiemann
Subject: Re: image function
Date: 23 Feb 2002 14:40:56
Message: <3c77f048@news.povray.org>
> Considering all discusions about antialiasing I think it could be worth to
> mention in 6.7.11.16  of new 3.5 documentation: is this image somehow
> supersampled or not.
How can an image be supersampled?

Felix

Post a reply to this message

From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 23 Feb 2002 15:07:22
Message: <chrishuff-6765B9.15071323022002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c77f048@news.povray.org>,
 "Felix Wiemann" <Fel### [at] gmxnet> wrote:

> How can an image be supersampled?

The function image is generated by taking a function (which may be a
pigment function) and sampling its color for each pixel. It would be
possible to take multiple samples per pixel, and get a smoother image...

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message