POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Animation docs inaccurate Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:34:37 EDT (-0400)
  Animation docs inaccurate (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Animation docs inaccurate
Date: 22 Dec 2016 02:55:34
Message: <585b86f6$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/22/2016 5:26 AM, dick balaska wrote:
> Am 2016-12-21 03:29, also sprach Jaime Vives Piqueres:
>> El 21/12/16 a las 05:22, clipka escribió:
>>> Do you know of any possible reason for entering animation when both
>>> initial and final frames are equal but neither 0 nor 1?
>>>

>>   It makes sense when you're using the clock to obtain a series of
>> different stills. I remember with my Tierra project, I used to let an
>> animation rendering overnight with different, random parameters for each
>> frame. Then at the next day I would check them all and re-render at
>> better quality only the good-looking ones.
>>
>> --
>> jaime
>
> But if initial and final are equal, what would the clock be?
> final - initial = 0; which is not a good clock divisor.
> I do final = 10; and then +SF2 +EF2 to do single frames.

Jaime might be using "clock" as a synonym for animation.

I use frame subsets for animations and testing values too. I prefer
using integers to fractional numbers in my calculations. It makes more
sense to me as you can't render a frame that is not a whole number.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

El 22/12/16 a las 08:55, Stephen escribió:
> Jaime might be using "clock" as a synonym for animation.
>
> I use frame subsets for animations and testing values too. I prefer
> using integers to fractional numbers in my calculations. It makes more
> sense to me as you can't render a frame that is not a whole number.

   Yes, I was using integer clock values too...

--
jaime