POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Documentation for blend_mode and blend_gamma? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:30:39 EDT (-0400)
  Documentation for blend_mode and blend_gamma? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: William F Pokorny
Subject: Documentation for blend_mode and blend_gamma?
Date: 18 Nov 2016 15:43:52
Message: <582f6808$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph mentioned blend_mode elsewhere today. To my knowledge the two
options blend_mode and blend_gamma are not yet in our documentation for
3.7.1 and should be I think.

 From the commit there is this:

     Implemented non-linear colour and pigment map interpolation.

     The syntax is changed as follows:

         COLOR_MAP:
           color_map { COLOR_MAP_BODY } | colour_map { COLOR_MAP_BODY }
         COLOR_MAP_BODY:
           COLOR_MAP_IDENTIFIER | [blend_mode INT] [blend_gamma FLOAT]
COLOR_MAP_ENTRY...

         PIGMENT_MAP:
           pigment_map { PIGMENT_MAP_BODY }
         PIGMENT_MAP_BODY:
           PIGMENT_MAP_IDENTIFIER | [blend_mode INT] [blend_gamma FLOAT]
PIGMENT_MAP_ENTRY...

     The possible values for blend_mode are as follows:

         0 (default): Colour interpolation is performed working gamma
space as defined by assumed_gamma.
         1: Colour interpolation is performed in linear colour space.
         2: Colour interpolation is performed in the gamma space defined
by blend_gamma (defaulting to 2.5).
         3: Chromaticity interpolation is performed in linear space,
while brightness interpolation is performed in the gamma space defined
by blend_gamma.

Sorry about the wrapping.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

On 11/18/2016 3:43 PM, William F Pokorny wrote:
> Christoph mentioned blend_mode elsewhere today. To my knowledge the two
> options blend_mode and blend_gamma are not yet in our documentation for
> 3.7.1 and should be I think.

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_1#Version_3.7.1

btw: thanks for pulling the necessary info into your previous post ...
made the task /much/ easier :-)

Post a reply to this message