POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : 6.4.3 default values for focal blur? Server Time
16 Apr 2024 07:12:49 EDT (-0400)
  6.4.3 default values for focal blur? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Severi Salminen
Subject: 6.4.3 default values for focal blur?
Date: 10 Dec 2003 08:28:02
Message: <3fd71f62$1@news.povray.org>
Looking at the camera.cpp file I see that the default values for focal
blur is not what is said in the Documentation.

camera.cpp:

Make_Vector(New->Focal_Point, 0.0,  0.0, 1.0);
New->Variance       = 1.0 / 10000.0;

Povray Documentation (6.4.3  Focal Blur):

"The default value is focal_point <0,0,0>"
"variance ... (the default is 1/128)."

I hope I didn't misunderstand anything but it looks like the actual
Focal_point is the camera's Location plus <0,0,1> (one unit to
z-direction) if the Focal_point is _not_ defined. If it _is_ defined,
then the vector represents the actual pointm not offset. Please double
check this. Variance seems to be really 1/10000 instead of 1/128.

Severi Salminen

Post a reply to this message