POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Quick Reference Differences Server Time
18 Apr 2024 14:07:04 EDT (-0400)
  Quick Reference Differences (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Robert Chaffe
Subject: Quick Reference Differences
Date: 15 Apr 2002 00:34:03
Message: <3cba583b@news.povray.org>
Now that the application is a "Release Candidate" I think I'll post these observations
here.  :-)

I have noted the following differences in the Quick Reference section of the
documentation.

10.1.4.3 File Input/Output
Missing the array reference item at end of list.  Should be...
    DATA_IDENTIFIER:
        UNDECLARED_IDENTIFIER | FLOAT_IDENTIFIER | VECTOR_IDENTIFIER |
STRING_IDENTIFIER | ARRAY_REFERENCE

10.1.6 Camera
Have brackets around a required value for the angle.  Should be...
    CAMERA_MODIFIERS:
        [angle F_HORIZONTAL [F_VERTICAL]] & ...

10.1.9.2 Material
Need an ellipsis to indicate zero or more material items...
    MATERIAL:
        material { [MATERIAL_IDENTIFIER] [MATERIAL_ITEM ...] }

10.1.10.3 Patterned Texture
Have an extra "Patterned Texture" in the blue heading.

10.1.10.5 Normal
Since only one of "use_color" or "use_index" is expected to be specified, the syntax
was tweaked.  Please replace USE_COLOR and
move use_index...
    BUMP_MAP_MODIFIERS:
        [BITMAP_MODIFIERS] & [BUMP_METHOD] & [bump_size FLOAT]
    BUMP_METHOD:
        use_index | use_color | use_colour

10.1.10.8 Pattern Modifiers
The pattern may be followed by modifiers...
    FUNCTION_IMAGE_BODY:
        PIGMENT | FN_FLOAT | pattern { PATTERN [PATTERN_MODIFIERS] }

10.1.11 Media
Have a mis-placed link on DENSITY_LIST_PATTERN that should be on COLOR_LIST_PATTERN in
the DENSITY_TYPE definition.

Very good job on the documentation overall, by the way.

--
Robert Chaffe
http://www.donovansweb.com/~chaffe/

Post a reply to this message

> I have noted the following differences in the Quick Reference section
> of the documentation.

Thank you Robert,

I'll make the changes.

Ingo