POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : not precise ceil and floor description Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:02:31 EDT (-0400)
  not precise ceil and floor description (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: ABX
Subject: not precise ceil and floor description
Date: 20 Sep 2002 12:12:17
Message: <2hhmouc2puaigl2f29e5tu01mddju0o3pf@4ax.com>
I think notes from 6.1.3.6 Float Functions about ceil and floor should be
replaced:

cail:      ".. greater than .."     =>     "... not less  than ..."
floor:     "... less  than ..."     =>     ".. not greater than .."

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> I think notes from 6.1.3.6 Float Functions about ceil and floor should be
> replaced:
>
> cail:      ".. greater than .."     =>     "... not less  than ..."
> floor:     "... less  than ..."     =>     ".. not greater than .."

No, double negations and negations of comparisons are extremely bad.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde