POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : Publishing on demand. Server Time
16 Apr 2024 10:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Publishing on demand. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Tom Galvin
Subject: Publishing on demand.
Date: 31 Jan 2002 09:40:53
Message: <3c595775$1@news.povray.org>
This was on the TV this morning
http://cbsnews.com/earlyshow/entertainment/books/20020131firstbooks_publishi
ng.shtml

This is the company website.
http://www.1stbooks.com/getpublished/1st_book.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Mitchell Waite
Subject: Re: Publishing on demand.
Date: 31 Jan 2002 13:39:36
Message: <3c598f68@news.povray.org>
This is a take off on an old idea called "vanity press". These are
publishers that for fee will publish anything as long as you pay all the
costs. There is almost no risk for the publisher since they make sure their
costs are covered by the writer. Its a route people take when they get lots
of rejections. As far as I know no one has every made any money from a
vanity publication, and there has never been a best seller in this space.

Mitch

"Mitchell Waite" <mit### [at] dnaicom> wrote in message
> This is a take off on an old idea called "vanity press". These are
> publishers that for fee will publish anything as long as you pay all the
> costs. There is almost no risk for the publisher since they make sure
their
> costs are covered by the writer. Its a route people take when they get
lots
> of rejections. As far as I know no one has every made any money from a
> vanity publication, and there has never been a best seller in this space.
>
> Mitch

Yes it is a spin on the vanity press, but Print On Demand technology has
reduced
the price to a point where it is reasonable.  Also this option allow for
more Titles to
be available, and you don't have to worry about a title being "Out of
Print".  This route
allows niche authors with valid content to be published.

Post a reply to this message