POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Computer Graphics World Server Time
29 Mar 2024 11:35:05 EDT (-0400)
  Computer Graphics World (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Renderdog
Subject: Computer Graphics World
Date: 3 Mar 2005 13:35:00
Message: <web.422757c370175878b8a63dd50@news.povray.org>
FYI, official POVComp announcement published by Computer Graphics World:

http://cgw.pennnet.com/Articles/Article_Display.cfm?Section=OnlineArticles&SubSection=Display&PUBLICATION_ID=18&ARTICLE
_ID=221648&pc=ENL
From: Oleguer Vilella
Subject: Re: Computer Graphics World
Date: 5 Mar 2005 06:35:07
Message: <4229996b$1@news.povray.org>
I can't see the web page.

Regards,
Oleguer

From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 5 Mar 2005 07:27:33
Message: <4229a5b5@news.povray.org>

> I can't see the web page.

It's because the link line is broken:
When you have clicked the link and got the 404 error message, append the
link ending bit :
_ID=221648&pc=ENL
to the end of your browser adress field

Marc

From: Rune
Date: 5 Mar 2005 08:08:25
Message: <4229af49@news.povray.org>
http://tinyurl.com/583sv
From: Slime
Date: 5 Mar 2005 17:42:44
Message: <422a35e4@news.povray.org>
Heh, I like how they took a screenshot of the webpage, not even showing the
full first image. Why didn't they just use the image itself?

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote in message
> Heh, I like how they took a screenshot of the webpage, not even showing
> the
> full first image. Why didn't they just use the image itself?

...and they don't directly link to the POVCOMP web page anywhere either.
They put a text URL at the bottom of the article that isn't even clickable.
*sigh*

--
Jeremy M. Praay
www.beantoad.com
> "Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote in message
>> Heh, I like how they took a screenshot of the webpage, not even showing
>> the
>> full first image. Why didn't they just use the image itself?
>>

> ...and they don't directly link to the POVCOMP web page anywhere either.
> They put a text URL at the bottom of the article that isn't even clickable.

I see this issue regularly on news sites. Fortunately due to Firefox's 'Plain
Text Links' extension it's no longer a problem for me :=-)

[BTW site is http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/ ; he's also the author
of the excellent 'nuke anything' extension.]
Chris Cason <nos### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote:
> [BTW site is http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/ ; he's also the author
> of the excellent 'nuke anything' extension.]

Very nice, gives more power to the viewer.

On the competition, did anyone submit POVComp as a topic
on Slashdot? I don't read there often so I may have missed it.
It might be good place to gain users.
"Renderdog" <slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote in message
> Chris Cason <nos### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote:
>> [BTW site is http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/ ; he's also the
>> author
>> of the excellent 'nuke anything' extension.]
>
> Very nice, gives more power to the viewer.
>
> On the competition, did anyone submit POVComp as a topic
> on Slashdot? I don't read there often so I may have missed it.
> It might be good place to gain users.

IIRC, it was mentioned both initially and after the extension, though I'm
not positive about the latter.

--
Jeremy M. Praay
www.beantoad.com