POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Hows it all going- 4days to go Server Time
20 Apr 2024 00:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Hows it all going- 4days to go (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Phlip
Subject: Re: Hows it all going- 4days to go
Date: 13 Oct 2004 18:03:46
Message: <416da642$1@news.povray.org>
Emperor Pygosceles wrote:

>  Example: I just finished my PSAT.  Now I have two hours to meander the
> campus and post to this forum, etc. and then go to my classes.  I could
> walk home and get in about 15 minutes of raytracing and then walk back.
Or
> I could stay here and do my homework and just essentially waste my time in
> a manner of my choosing.  Either way, it's pointless.  The net result is a
> massive waste of time, whether I'm busy or not (although it would be nice
> to not have to worry about the homework later).

Don't worry. When you get out of college and get a job everything will make
sense, and be more efficient & productive.

<a beat>

;-)

--
  Phlip
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 13 Oct 2004 18:16:53
Message: <416da955@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
> "Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote in message
>
>>Vladimir wrote:
>>
>>>How is everybody else getting on?

>>I'm afraid that I won't make it in time...
>>
>>All the time since I read about this contest I have been working
>>on some tools (macros that now occupies more than 10000 lines of
>>code) that will enable me to make the image I see before me.
>>
>>But in the last 2 weeks, real life has gotten in the way.
>>

> Bummer...  Your entry will be missed.  :-(

Now that I have worked so much on all those macros, I'll have to
use them for something, so you'll probably see some pictures in
p.b.i from me in the coming weeks...

> On the other hand, at least you have a real life.
>
> I finally finished up my render, along with the two detail views.  Now I
> just have to work on the text to accompany it.  I didn't get everything in
> it that I had hoped, but I knew that wasn't entirely realistic.  Perhaps if
> I had taken a few days off work...  ;-)

I'm glad to hear that you have finished your rendering Jeremy.
- And I really hope that many others have too.

I'm eager to see the results !

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.net
> I'm glad to hear that you have finished your rendering Jeremy.
> - And I really hope that many others have too.
>
> I'm eager to see the results !

When do we get to see them?

--
  Phlip