POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Very BIG problem Server Time
16 Apr 2024 15:54:37 EDT (-0400)
  Very BIG problem (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: selsek
Subject: Very BIG problem
Date: 10 Mar 2005 05:56:14
Message: <Xns961576DDF3581selsekfreefr@203.29.75.35>
I participated to POVCOMP. I won a prize.
I have to submit the source, and a big sized image.
I got some problem with my main computer's bios. The latest version of the
source, and the mesh might be definately lost.
My second computer is a 350mhz without enough memory to render it.

I could upload the files i have, but they may not be up to date (especially
the mesh, the remaining file are up to date and free to use on the povcomp
website http://povcomp.com/entries/102.php)).

The partial rendering of the main character has been rendered in  +w3700
+h2775 (see narcissism2.ini in the source provided with my entry

So, is a 3700x2775 redering will be enough? If yes, can someone render the
scene without the mesh then paste the partial rendering into it?

I wanted to provide some modifications to fit the comments. Seems like i
won't. :(

selsek
> I wanted to provide some modifications to fit the comments. Seems like i
> won't. :(

Too bad :(
I just launched the render at 3700x2775, btw.

G.
--

**********************
http://www.oyonale.com
> I participated to POVCOMP. I won a prize.
> I have to submit the source, and a big sized image.
> I got some problem with my main computer's bios. The latest version of the
> source, and the mesh might be definately lost.
> My second computer is a 350mhz without enough memory to render it.
>
> I could upload the files i have, but they may not be up to date (especially
> the mesh, the remaining file are up to date and free to use on the povcomp
> website http://povcomp.com/entries/102.php)).
>
> The partial rendering of the main character has been rendered in  +w3700
> +h2775 (see narcissism2.ini in the source provided with my entry
>
> So, is a 3700x2775 redering will be enough? If yes, can someone render the
> scene without the mesh then paste the partial rendering into it?
>
> I wanted to provide some modifications to fit the comments. Seems like i
> won't. :(
>
> selsek

freeze and don't panic

loss of the bios does not affect the hard disk contents

the sources of your entry should be safe

stephen