POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Source Server Time: 23 Jul 2014 18:03:36 GMT
  Source (Message 1 to 7 of 7)  
From: Renderdog
Subject: Source
Date: 20 Feb 2005 09:25:00
Message: <web.421856cd58267a4565f1eb720@news.povray.org>
Not many released their source for the competition (six of the
top 25). I'd hoped to see more. I guess it's hard to let your baby
go after so much hard work.
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Subject: Re: Source
Date: 20 Feb 2005 09:51:20
Message: <42185d98$1@news.povray.org>
Renderdog wrote:
> Not many released their source for the competition (six of the
> top 25). I'd hoped to see more. I guess it's hard to let your baby
> go after so much hard work.

   Don't worry: you will see more... and not only mine, I suspect.

--
Jaime
From: Marc Jacquier
Subject: Re: Source
Date: 20 Feb 2005 09:59:03
Message: <42185f67@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jaimevives [at] ignoranciaorg> a écrit dans le message
de news:42185d98$1@news.povray.org...
>    Don't worry: you will see more... and not only mine, I suspect.
I'm currently checking mine's portability.
It'll be uploaded in the public area.

Marc
From: Renderdog
Subject: Re: Source
Date: 20 Feb 2005 10:35:00
Message: <web.421867997acb572765f1eb720@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" wrote:
> "Jaime Vives Piqueres" wrote:
> >    Don't worry: you will see more... and not only mine, I suspect.
> I'm currently checking mine's portability.
> It'll be uploaded in the public area.

Wow, that's great, two of my favorites!

Any chance we'll see a "Making of..." from either of you?
From: Marc Jacquier
Subject: Re: Source
Date: 20 Feb 2005 12:10:13
Message: <42187e25@news.povray.org>
"Renderdog" <slone [at] hiwaaynet> a écrit dans le message de
news:web.421867997acb572765f1eb720@news.povray.org...
> "Marc Jacquier" wrote:
> > "Jaime Vives Piqueres" wrote:
> > >    Don't worry: you will see more... and not only mine, I suspect.
> > I'm currently checking mine's portability.
> > It'll be uploaded in the public area.
>
> Wow, that's great, two of my favorites!
Thanks :)
>
> Any chance we'll see a "Making of..." from either of you?
Eerr I'm afraid I have not a lot of early material and my memory fails on
some aspects of the making of but I'll try to

Marc
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Subject: Re: Source
Date: 20 Feb 2005 18:23:39
Message: <4218d5ab$1@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jaimevives [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote in message 
news:42185d98$1@news.povray.org...
> Renderdog wrote:
>> Not many released their source for the competition (six of the
>> top 25). I'd hoped to see more. I guess it's hard to let your baby
>> go after so much hard work.
>
>   Don't worry: you will see more... and not only mine, I suspect.
>


I plan to release mine as well, without the mice and possibly a couple other 
minor objects, due to copyright issues.

Mostly, laziness prevented me from releasing it during the competition. 
Right now, it's in a directory with a few hundred megabytes of "old junk": 
objects that never got used, previous renders, etc.

The POVCOMP folks sent us an email stating that the winners (top 25), will 
need to submit their source.  When doing so, there will be a public and 
private area.

-- 
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com
From: selsek
Subject: Re: Source
Date: 22 Feb 2005 12:41:58
Message: <Xns96058C824C602selsekfreefr@203.29.75.35>
> Not many released their source for the competition (six of the
> top 25). I'd hoped to see more. I guess it's hard to let your baby
> go after so much hard work.

I only put a part of the scene (the whole scene without the cyborg), 
because i was on a 56k modem, so the mesh would have been to big to upload 
it. Besides that, that's right that it's hard to lat my whole baby go... 
but since my picture was done with simple code, i let it go.
But you only miss a mesh.

selsek

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.