POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Use of POV-Ray logo Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Use of POV-Ray logo (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Use of POV-Ray logo
Date: 14 Nov 2004 22:17:42
Message: <41981fd6$1@news.povray.org>
<< While POVCOMP is a POV-Ray competition, its objective is also to
demonstrate
that our beloved raytracer is a fantastic tool, able to create fantastic
images, to the large majority of people who have never heard of POV-Ray.  >>

Is there any guidelines on the use of the POV-Ray (TM) logo?     Of course,
using the logo of a litigious corporation would be a  no-no.  And there's
general use of the logo in say the IRTC which would be quite gauche.     But
seeing the above quote from Gilles makes me want to explore possible uses of
the logo specifically for this event.
And since the lawyers'd come after yall first, I'll be annoying and ask
another question:

 What is good practice for using logos of other software institutions and
companies?