POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Detail Image Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:34:27 EDT (-0400)
  Detail Image (Message 17 to 26 of 26)
From: Oleguer Vilella
Subject: Re: Detail Image
Date: 10 Oct 2004 16:52:41
Message: <4169a119@news.povray.org>
Oh, yes, I have to reduce the portion of the image to 960x1800, like the
main image. Is it?

From: Gilles Tran
Date: 10 Oct 2004 18:51:01
Message: <4169bcd5$1@news.povray.org>

news: 4169a055@news.povray.org...
> I think the problem is I did the portion of the image very big, is it
> right?

What is the size, in pixels, of the image you're trying to send?

G.

--
**********************
http://www.oyonale.com
From: Oleguer Vilella
Date: 11 Oct 2004 02:42:19
Message: <416a2b4b$1@news.povray.org>
That's it: Size: 2877x957, Main Area: 0/0 to0/0   461 KB.

Best regards,
Oleguer

> news: 4169a055@news.povray.org...
> > I think the problem is I did the portion of the image very big, is it
> > right?
>
> What is the size, in pixels, of the image you're trying to send?
>
> G.
>

> --
> **********************
> http://www.oyonale.com
> **********************
> - Graphic experiments
> - POV-Ray and Poser computer images
> - Posters

> That's it: Size: 2877x957, Main Area: 0/0 to0/0   461 KB.

Well, as you can see it's too big as you made a mistake while passing the
partial render parameters. Remove parts of it until it fits in 1280 x 960
(or 1280 x 957).

G.

--
**********************
http://www.oyonale.com
- Graphic experiments
- POV-Ray and Poser computer images
- Posters
>> That's it: Size: 2877x957, Main Area: 0/0 to0/0   461 KB.
>
> Well, as you can see it's too big as you made a mistake while passing the
> partial render parameters. Remove parts of it until it fits in 1280 x 960
> (or 1280 x 957).

Gilles, the message Oleguer is quoting is from the povcomp submission
website.  It has nothing to do with the size of the image, Oleguer simply
did not enter any coordinates for the detail view area.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde