POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : photography to povcomp equivalence? : Re: photography to povcomp equivalence? Server Time: 20 Sep 2020 16:53:50 GMT
  Re: photography to povcomp equivalence?
From: gonzo
Date: 8 Feb 2005 18:00:00
"pan" <pan### [at] syixcom> wrote:
> I.E., the loss of edtail and resolution evident in the
> sectional displays of the overall photograph would
> not occur with a Pov-Ray generated image.
>
> Anyone agree, or see else of significance?

Hmmm, ask me that again after you produce a render at 20ftx10ft with the
kind of detail in that Balboa Park photo...

I think the real issue isn't how much detail is lost, but how much detail
exists in the original. And you probably need (at least) a supercomputer to
model & render something like that.

Be loads of fun though!

RG