POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Copyright image : Re: Copyright image Server Time
26 Jul 2024 20:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright image
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 21 Jan 2005 12:55:41
Message: <41f1421d$1@news.povray.org>
> since later on I know the PNG image will be overlaid on top of it and
> then it will be resaved as another jpeg.

	Okay, got it  :-)

	Since the rule 4.d. says you have to submit your main image in JPEG,
I'd suggest in all cases* to submit your JPEG images with the best possible
quality (lowest compression).
	Under e.g. Photoshop, it seems reasonnable to choose a quality level
between 80% and 100% for this purpose.  80% should suffice in most cases;
at 100% images are still lossy compressed but can be much bigger, depending
on image complexity, for visually the same result.

* unless you have a very slow dialin connection.

	- NC