POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Text Streams Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:59:01 EDT (-0400)
  Text Streams (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: dickbalaska
Subject: Text Streams
Date: 5 Oct 2015 12:40:00
Message: <web.5612a6f189a2349dd9e404ae0@news.povray.org>
There are 2 small issues with the text streams.  In 3.7 they behave differently
than in 3.1.  The docs lead me to expect the same behavior as 3.1.

1) There appears to be no way to turn off writing to a file.  I use
+GAmystreams.txt to capture all of the data.  No combination of -GD -GF etc.
turns off the other streams.

The docs http://www.povray.org/documentation/3.7.0/r3_2.html#r3_2_7 say that in
the ini file I can put
Debug_File=false
but that gives me a file named "false". :)

This is on Linux.

2) Also, the text in the files wraps at 80 characters. They didn't do this in
3.1. I remember this because I vertically line up debug beyond 80 characters.
Both povwin and povunix do this wrapping now.

Intestingly, in the povwin messages window, the text is not wrapped. (But it's a
bit of a pita to copy text out of there).

dik