POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : POV Help File Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:52:34 EDT (-0400)
  POV Help File (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: POV Help File
Date: 2 Apr 2015 01:35:00
Message: <web.551cd471ed0200635189b500@news.povray.org>
Try this and tell me what happens:

after proper installation of POV-Ray 3.7, open the scene help file, and search
for "crand" in its index. Then, when it was found, double-click it in order to
open the related documentation page.

Please tell me what result you get. Thanks.

Step 2: test for other, image-related keywords, too. I believe, the entire
image_map section is missing. Am I right?

Post a reply to this message

On 04/02/2015 01:32 AM, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Try this and tell me what happens:
>
> after proper installation of POV-Ray 3.7, open the scene help file, and search
> for "crand" in its index. Then, when it was found, double-click it in order to
> open the related documentation page.
>
> Please tell me what result you get. Thanks.
>
> Step 2: test for other, image-related keywords, too. I believe, the entire
> image_map section is missing. Am I right?

Sheesh ... these are BOTH known problems (see p.d.inbuilt) that have
been reported and are being worked on as time permits. Try going to
Contents tab and you will find that these passages are NOT missing. For
crying out loud do your homework before wasting other peoples time!

Post a reply to this message

James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
> On 04/02/2015 01:32 AM, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> > Try this and tell me what happens:
> >
> > after proper installation of POV-Ray 3.7, open the scene help file, and search
> > for "crand" in its index. Then, when it was found, double-click it in order to
> > open the related documentation page.
> >
> > Please tell me what result you get. Thanks.
> >
> > Step 2: test for other, image-related keywords, too. I believe, the entire
> > image_map section is missing. Am I right?
> >

> Sheesh ... these are BOTH known problems (see p.d.inbuilt) that have
> been reported and are being worked on as time permits. Try going to
> Contents tab and you will find that these passages are NOT missing. For
> crying out loud do your homework before wasting other peoples time!

I think a more diplomatic answer could have been in place. It's not like
we can afford losing fans over disrespectful behavior.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
>> On 04/02/2015 01:32 AM, Sven Littkowski wrote:
>>> Try this and tell me what happens:
>>>
>>> after proper installation of POV-Ray 3.7, open the scene help file, and search
>>> for "crand" in its index. Then, when it was found, double-click it in order to
>>> open the related documentation page.
>>>
>>> Please tell me what result you get. Thanks.
>>>
>>> Step 2: test for other, image-related keywords, too. I believe, the entire
>>> image_map section is missing. Am I right?
>>>

>> Sheesh ... these are BOTH known problems (see p.d.inbuilt) that have
>> been reported and are being worked on as time permits. Try going to
>> Contents tab and you will find that these passages are NOT missing. For
>> crying out loud do your homework before wasting other peoples time!
>
> I think a more diplomatic answer could have been in place. It's not like
> we can afford losing fans over disrespectful behavior.

Whats the matter ... couldn't find anyone else to bother?

Post a reply to this message

James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
> >> Sheesh ... these are BOTH known problems (see p.d.inbuilt) that have
> >> been reported and are being worked on as time permits. Try going to
> >> Contents tab and you will find that these passages are NOT missing. For
> >> crying out loud do your homework before wasting other peoples time!
> >
> > I think a more diplomatic answer could have been in place. It's not like
> > we can afford losing fans over disrespectful behavior.

> Whats the matter ... couldn't find anyone else to bother?

I don't understand what your problem is.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message