POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : POV Help File Server Time: 20 Jun 2019 19:36:45 GMT
  POV Help File (Message 1 to 6 of 6)  
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: POV Help File
Date: 2 Apr 2015 05:35:00
Message: <web.551cd471ed0200635189b500@news.povray.org>
Try this and tell me what happens:

after proper installation of POV-Ray 3.7, open the scene help file, and search
for "crand" in its index. Then, when it was found, double-click it in order to
open the related documentation page.

Please tell me what result you get. Thanks.

Step 2: test for other, image-related keywords, too. I believe, the entire
image_map section is missing. Am I right?


Post a reply to this message

From: James Holsenback
Subject: Re: POV Help File
Date: 2 Apr 2015 13:01:56
Message: <551d3dc4@news.povray.org>
On 04/02/2015 01:32 AM, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Try this and tell me what happens:
>
> after proper installation of POV-Ray 3.7, open the scene help file, and search
> for "crand" in its index. Then, when it was found, double-click it in order to
> open the related documentation page.
>
> Please tell me what result you get. Thanks.
>
> Step 2: test for other, image-related keywords, too. I believe, the entire
> image_map section is missing. Am I right?
>
>

Sheesh ... these are BOTH known problems (see p.d.inbuilt) that have 
been reported and are being worked on as time permits. Try going to 
Contents tab and you will find that these passages are NOT missing. For 
crying out loud do your homework before wasting other peoples time!


Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: POV Help File
Date: 11 Apr 2015 17:36:26
Message: <55295b99@news.povray.org>
James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
> On 04/02/2015 01:32 AM, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> > Try this and tell me what happens:
> >
> > after proper installation of POV-Ray 3.7, open the scene help file, and search
> > for "crand" in its index. Then, when it was found, double-click it in order to
> > open the related documentation page.
> >
> > Please tell me what result you get. Thanks.
> >
> > Step 2: test for other, image-related keywords, too. I believe, the entire
> > image_map section is missing. Am I right?
> >
> >

> Sheesh ... these are BOTH known problems (see p.d.inbuilt) that have 
> been reported and are being worked on as time permits. Try going to 
> Contents tab and you will find that these passages are NOT missing. For 
> crying out loud do your homework before wasting other peoples time!

I think a more diplomatic answer could have been in place. It's not like
we can afford losing fans over disrespectful behavior.

-- 
                                                          - Warp


Post a reply to this message

From: James Holsenback
Subject: Re: POV Help File
Date: 12 Apr 2015 14:01:26
Message: <552a7ab6@news.povray.org>
On 04/11/2015 01:36 PM, Warp wrote:
> James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
>> On 04/02/2015 01:32 AM, Sven Littkowski wrote:
>>> Try this and tell me what happens:
>>>
>>> after proper installation of POV-Ray 3.7, open the scene help file, and search
>>> for "crand" in its index. Then, when it was found, double-click it in order to
>>> open the related documentation page.
>>>
>>> Please tell me what result you get. Thanks.
>>>
>>> Step 2: test for other, image-related keywords, too. I believe, the entire
>>> image_map section is missing. Am I right?
>>>
>>>
>
>> Sheesh ... these are BOTH known problems (see p.d.inbuilt) that have
>> been reported and are being worked on as time permits. Try going to
>> Contents tab and you will find that these passages are NOT missing. For
>> crying out loud do your homework before wasting other peoples time!
>
> I think a more diplomatic answer could have been in place. It's not like
> we can afford losing fans over disrespectful behavior.

Whats the matter ... couldn't find anyone else to bother?


Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: POV Help File
Date: 15 Apr 2015 01:29:54
Message: <552dbf11@news.povray.org>
James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
> >> Sheesh ... these are BOTH known problems (see p.d.inbuilt) that have
> >> been reported and are being worked on as time permits. Try going to
> >> Contents tab and you will find that these passages are NOT missing. For
> >> crying out loud do your homework before wasting other peoples time!
> >
> > I think a more diplomatic answer could have been in place. It's not like
> > we can afford losing fans over disrespectful behavior.

> Whats the matter ... couldn't find anyone else to bother?

I don't understand what your problem is.

-- 
                                                          - Warp


Post a reply to this message

From: James Holsenback
Subject: Re: POV Help File
Date: 15 Apr 2015 04:02:18
Message: <552de2ca$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/14/2015 09:29 PM, Warp wrote:
> James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
>>>> Sheesh ... these are BOTH known problems (see p.d.inbuilt) that have
>>>> been reported and are being worked on as time permits. Try going to
>>>> Contents tab and you will find that these passages are NOT missing. For
>>>> crying out loud do your homework before wasting other peoples time!
>>>
>>> I think a more diplomatic answer could have been in place. It's not like
>>> we can afford losing fans over disrespectful behavior.
>
>> Whats the matter ... couldn't find anyone else to bother?
>
> I don't understand what your problem is.
>


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.