POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bug report: shortcuts created by installer are invalid Server Time
28 Mar 2024 16:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Bug report: shortcuts created by installer are invalid (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Nathan
Subject: Bug report: shortcuts created by installer are invalid
Date: 25 Jun 2014 15:25:00
Message: <web.53ab20b9cbf50cb47254bcee0@news.povray.org>
I installed POV 3.7 for Windows on a Windows 7 virtual machine just now, and
found that the shortcuts it creates (one on the desktop and one in the Start
Menu) are both invalid.  They point to this file by default:

C:\Program Files\POV-Ray\v3.7\bin\pvengine-sse2.exe

But there is no such file.  They should point to one of these files (I think),
which do exist:

C:\Program Files\POV-Ray\v3.7\bin\pvengine.exe
C:\Program Files\POV-Ray\v3.7\bin\pvengine32-sse2.exe
C:\Program Files\POV-Ray\v3.7\bin\pvengine64.exe

Changing the shortcuts manually to point to pvengine32-sse2.exe fixed the
problem for me, but obviously the installer should do it correctly the first
time.  Many users will not know how to fix the shortcuts by hand.

Nathan