POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : missing parenthesis in #write causes crash Server Time
19 Apr 2024 10:59:21 EDT (-0400)
  missing parenthesis in #write causes crash (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Kenneth
Subject: missing parenthesis in #write causes crash
Date: 18 Mar 2014 03:40:01
Message: <web.5327f7a916905533c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
This one is easy to reproduce ;-)  It happens in both v3.7 and 3.62.

Leaving off the final parenthesis on the #write line below causes a hard crash,
rather than just a fatal error. The latter would be nicer behavior, IMHO. (Of
course, I should pay closer attention to my syntax, too!)

Would it be helpful if I sent a 'crash dump'? (I see that v3.7 can do this for
me automatically.)

[32-bit Windows XP on a 64-bit AMD single-core machine, with 32-bit Pov-Ray
sse2]
------------
#version 3.7

global_settings {
assumed_gamma 1.0
}

#declare R = seed(52);

#fopen XYZ "test_file.txt" write
#write(XYZ,rand(R)) // remove the final parenthesis to cause a hard crash
#fclose XYZ

Post a reply to this message

I just noticed that a different 'missing parenthesis example' does NOT cause a
crash, just a fatal error (as expected). It uses str()

#write(XYZ,str(500 + rand(R),0,8) // missing the final parenthesis

Post a reply to this message

probably related to http://bugs.povray.org/task/259