POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Continue_Trace and load radiosity Server Time
18 Apr 2024 02:47:52 EDT (-0400)
  Continue_Trace and load radiosity (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: MichaelJF
Subject: Continue_Trace and load radiosity
Date: 16 May 2013 16:15:01
Message: <web.51953e259e1e1508701b12e00@news.povray.org>
H all around,

I'm not quit sure if this is a bug or a misunderstanding but I tried to save
radiosity data within an ini-file to restart a longer rendering again. First I
rendered the Scene with the ini-options

Antialias=on

Antialias_Threshold=0.3
Antialias_Depth=3
Input_File_Name=Labyrinth.pov

Width=1920
Height=1080

Radiosity_File_Name="Labyrinth.rad"
Radiosity_To_File=on

Render_Pattern=3
Render_Block_Size=8

and later I wanted to resume the Rendering with

; Persistence Of Vision raytracer sample file.

Antialias=on

Antialias_Threshold=0.3
Antialias_Depth=3
Input_File_Name=Labyrinth.pov

Width=1920
Height=1080

Continue_Trace=on

Radiosity_File_Name="Labyrinth.rad"
Radiosity_From_File=on

Render_Pattern=3
Render_Block_Size=8

but POV ignored the Continue_Trace and the load of the radiosity file completely
and started to calculate the radiosity from the beginning (usually with +C at
the command line without loading radiosity data from disk POV calculates the
radiosity only for the not rendered parts of the image). May be this is due to
the use of an other render pattern (I wanted to render the most difficult parts
first).

May be I misunderstand the documentation, has someone a hint?

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message

On 05/16/2013 04:14 PM, MichaelJF wrote:
> H all around,
>
> I'm not quit sure if this is a bug or a misunderstanding but I tried to save
> radiosity data within an ini-file to restart a longer rendering again. First I
> rendered the Scene with the ini-options
>

> Antialias=on
>
> Antialias_Threshold=0.3
> Antialias_Depth=3
> Input_File_Name=Labyrinth.pov
>
> Width=1920
> Height=1080
>
> Radiosity_File_Name="Labyrinth.rad"
> Radiosity_To_File=on
>
> Render_Pattern=3
> Render_Block_Size=8
>

> and later I wanted to resume the Rendering with
>
> ; Persistence Of Vision raytracer sample file.
>
> Antialias=on
>
> Antialias_Threshold=0.3
> Antialias_Depth=3
> Input_File_Name=Labyrinth.pov
>
> Width=1920
> Height=1080
>
> Continue_Trace=on
>
> Radiosity_File_Name="Labyrinth.rad"
> Radiosity_From_File=on
>
> Render_Pattern=3
> Render_Block_Size=8
>
> but POV ignored the Continue_Trace and the load of the radiosity file completely
> and started to calculate the radiosity from the beginning (usually with +C at
> the command line without loading radiosity data from disk POV calculates the
> radiosity only for the not rendered parts of the image). May be this is due to
> the use of an other render pattern (I wanted to render the most difficult parts
> first).
>
> May be I misunderstand the documentation, has someone a hint?
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:General_Output_Options#Resuming_Options

2nd paragraph: "The Continue_Trace option may not work if the Start_Row
option has been set to anything but the top of the file ... "

Post a reply to this message