POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Now the #write-directive... Server Time
29 Mar 2024 09:51:02 EDT (-0400)
  Now the #write-directive... (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: MichaelJF
Subject: Now the #write-directive...
Date: 31 Oct 2012 16:45:01
Message: <web.50918d64f16fc153387d993d0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I just write a macro producing a mesh2-object and made a mistake with the #write
command. I have to admit that I have forgotten the closing bracket... This
yielded a Stack-overflow and a crash of POV. I think a syntax error-message
would be more appropriate. Closing the brackets solved the problem (POV 3.7 RC
6).

Best regards
Michael

Post a reply to this message

> I just write a macro producing a mesh2-object and made a mistake with the #write
> command. I have to admit that I have forgotten the closing bracket... This
> yielded a Stack-overflow and a crash of POV. I think a syntax error-message
> would be more appropriate. Closing the brackets solved the problem (POV 3.7 RC
> 6).

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Could you please submit
this as a bug report on bugs.povray.org? Please make sure that you
submit a scene (preferably a minimal one) that generates the error.

Post a reply to this message

> > I just write a macro producing a mesh2-object and made a mistake with the #write
> > command. I have to admit that I have forgotten the closing bracket... This
> > yielded a Stack-overflow and a crash of POV. I think a syntax error-message
> > would be more appropriate. Closing the brackets solved the problem (POV 3.7 RC
> > 6).
>
> Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Could you please submit
> this as a bug report on bugs.povray.org? Please make sure that you
> submit a scene (preferably a minimal one) that generates the error.

Done, as requested. Now I return to terraforming again. I'm just developing an
(very crude) algorithm to convert (differentially coloured) contour lines to a
mesh2-object.  I may fail due to very long parsing times. But a test of this
idea cannot be wrong, the initial picture looks very fine.

Best regards,
Michael