POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : 3.7RC3 animation error (64 bit, linux) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:51:21 EDT (-0400)
  3.7RC3 animation error (64 bit, linux) (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: cab15625
Subject: 3.7RC3 animation error (64 bit, linux)
Date: 12 May 2011 15:35:01
Message: <web.4dcc3572baec948634b971010@news.povray.org>
When trying to use the internal animation loop, the program segfaults when
starting the second frame (one frame renders correctly, but the second one
segfaults).  Is there an easy way to determine if this is something that I have
caused by compiling POV-Ray?

This occurred on a system running Debian-6.0.1a (64 bit).

The problem only occurs when I try to run on larger images.  Rendering an
800x800 animation causes POV to crash.  320x320 does not cause a crash.

Information from "povray --version":
Built-in features:
  I/O restrictions:          enabled
  X Window display:          enabled (using SDL)
  Supported image formats:   gif tga iff ppm pgm hdr png jpeg tiff openexr
  Unsupported image formats: -

Compilation settings:
  Build architecture:  x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
  Built/Optimized for: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (using -march=native)
  Compiler vendor:     gnu
  Compiler version:    g++ 4.4.5
  Compiler flags:      -pipe -Wno-multichar -Wno-write-strings
-fno-enforce-eh-specs -s -O3 -ffast-math -march=native -pthread

Minimal Scene file that causes the problem:

Save it to "crash.pov" and run with
povray +v +d +w800 +h800 +a +am2 +wt4 +kfi0 +kff10 +icrash.pov

crash.pov:
#version 3.7 ;

global_settings { assumed_gamma 1.0 }

camera {}

box { -1, 1 pigment { colour rgb clock }}

Post a reply to this message

Le 12/05/2011 21:30, cab15625 nous fit lire :
> The problem only occurs when I try to run on larger images.  Rendering an
> 800x800 animation causes POV to crash.  320x320 does not cause a crash.

I rendered the 11 frames fine, but I compile without io-restrictions.
And my gcc is 4.5.2... (Ubuntu 11.4, 64 bits)

Post a reply to this message