POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Is sphere_sweep known to be troublesome? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Is sphere_sweep known to be troublesome? (Message 9 to 18 of 28)
<<< Previous 8 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Is sphere_sweep known to be troublesome?
Date: 18 Mar 2010 12:29:31
Message: <4ba254eb@news.povray.org>
Kenneth <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> (Remove_Bounds=on needs to be
> in the INI file, though; I don't know how that might affect 'bigger' scenes.
> With it off--the default--POV issues a non-fatal warning, "Unnecessary bounding
> object removed" and eliminates the bounding object.)

  IMO that's a design mistake in POV-Ray worth of a bug report.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Mar 2010 05:40:01
Message: <web.4ba3458c2e5cb7c265f302820@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Kenneth <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> > (Remove_Bounds=on needs to be
> > in the INI file, though; I don't know how that might affect 'bigger' scenes.
> > With it off--the default--POV issues a non-fatal warning, "Unnecessary
> > bounding object removed" and eliminates the bounding object.)
>
>   IMO that's a design mistake in POV-Ray worth of a bug report.

Very interesting.  I've been living with that for years, scratching my head
about it, and just thought it was 'the way POV-Ray worked.' (I never *could*
make complete sense of the docs' section about bounding, due to this particular
behavior.) Good to know that I wasn't crazy after all!

Ken

Post a reply to this message