POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Setting Work_Threads or +WT has no effect on command line standard bencham= Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:26:10 EDT (-0400)
  Setting Work_Threads or +WT has no effect on command line standard bencham= (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: tevi devor
Subject: Setting Work_Threads or +WT has no effect on command line standard bencham=
Date: 23 Apr 2009 06:45:00
Message: <web.49f0461df8de643984150a030@news.povray.org>
I am using the 3.7.0.beta32.msvc9.win64
I want to be able to run the standard benchmark with different numbers of
threads.
The menue only supports 1 thread or max(==#cpus) threads.
I want to be able to run with a different number of threads.
I tried running the standard benchmark from the command line as follows:
in the directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\pintest\My Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\scenes\advanced
I set e.g. Work_Threads=16 in
C:\Documents and Settings\pintest\My
Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\scenes\advanced\benchmark.ini
Then I ran
"C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.7\bin\pvengine64.exe" /RENDER
  benchmark.ini.

It seems to only be running with only two rendering threads (the task manager -
shows that the pvengine64.exe has 12 threads) even though my machine has 16
cpus. It consumes ~13% cputime and it takes 5 minutes to run, and does not show
any picture during the rendering.

When I run it from the menue (Render=>Run_Benchmark(All Cpus)) I see in the task
manager that pvengine64.exe has 25 threads. It consumes 100% cputime and it
takes ~30sec to run and it does show the picture being rendered during the
rendering.

I would like to know how to run the standard benchmark with different numbers of
threads (1, 2, 4, 8 and 16) - either from the menue or from the command line.