POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : setting number of worker threads from command line does not work Server Time
29 Apr 2024 03:32:42 EDT (-0400)
  setting number of worker threads from command line does not work (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: tevi devor
Subject: setting number of worker threads from command line does not work
Date: 22 Apr 2009 10:55:04
Message: <web.49ef2e9a497dc81914aa17920@news.povray.org>
I am using the 3.7.0.beta32.msvc9.win64

I have tried setting the number of worker threads from the command line
e.g. using the /WT
"C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.7\bin\pvengine64.exe" /EXIT /NR /RENDER
/WT=8   patio-radio_640_480_AA.ini

It has no effect (on my system this run uses 16 threads, which is the total # of
cpus).

When I specify
Work_Threads=8
in the patio-radio_640_480_AA.ini, then it runs with 8 threads (with or without
the /WT=8 specification in the command line.

Post a reply to this message