POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Installation directory for 3.7 beta 32 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:00:48 EDT (-0400)
  Installation directory for 3.7 beta 32 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: bwright
Subject: Installation directory for 3.7 beta 32
Date: 15 Apr 2009 12:45:00
Message: <web.49e60cee8ce9b14a15891b0d0@news.povray.org>
I realize this is beta and everything, but when I installed the 64 bit version
of POV-Ray 3.7 beta 32 on Vista, it installed into
c:\users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\POV-Ray\V3.7. Yes, the whole app installed here.
So I understand the app and installer are beta, but who installs applications
into this folder?  This is not where it belongs.  This app (or any app) belongs
in C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\ beta or not.

Please fix this MSI installer to place the application into the correct
application directory... or at least ask where it should be installed... which
the installer did not do.

The AppData area is supposed to be used for supporting files such as .ini files
or other small user-specific configuration files.

Thanks.

Post a reply to this message