POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Problem with file locations in 3.7 Win32 Server Time
29 Apr 2024 00:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with file locations in 3.7 Win32 (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Linulo
Subject: Problem with file locations in 3.7 Win32
Date: 28 Mar 2009 20:50:01
Message: <web.49cec555d602cdfdea9095060@news.povray.org>
Symptoms:
I installed Pov-Ray 3.7.0.beta.31.msvc9-sse2.win32 under Windows XP Professional
SP2 (32 bit) and used nun-default paths for both core and support files. I
installed the binaries to D:\Program Files\Pov-Ray and support files to
D:\Pov-Ray. When I run the program, Pov-Ray does not find its ini file. I can
specify the ini file for rendering but that does not help as povray needs its
povray.ini

Cause:
Search path for povray.ini hardcoded, installer file location choice ignored.

Fix:
On startup, check for existence of a registry key for the current user. If it is
present, read support file location from it. Otherwise let the user choose his
support file location, copy the povray.ini to this location and set the
registry entry for this user.

Post a reply to this message

> Search path for povray.ini hardcoded, installer file location choice ignored.
>
> Fix:
> On startup, check for existence of a registry key for the current user. If it is
> present, read support file location from it. Otherwise let the user choose his
> support file location, copy the povray.ini to this location and set the
> registry entry for this user.

Hmm... I see code in the POV 3.7 source that seems to be designed to already do
something this. Should be possible to invoke it with "povray /INSTALL", or
"povray /INSTALL <installdir>", so maybe you want to give it a try.

Post a reply to this message