POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Reading from stdin with +I- is broken Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:11:45 EDT (-0400)
  Reading from stdin with +I- is broken (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Torsten Werner
Subject: Reading from stdin with +I- is broken
Date: 15 Jan 2009 17:05:00
Message: <web.496fb2f68193ebdf69c743b90@news.povray.org>
Hi,

please have a look at <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=501591>:

According to the manpage, running 'povray +I-' will read the input file from
stdin.  According to the povray output, it has set the input file to stdin;
however, it seems to be reading garbage characters instead of the real standard
input.

Cheers,
Torsten

Post a reply to this message

> According to the manpage, running 'povray +I-' will read the input file from
> stdin.  According to the povray output, it has set the input file to stdin;
> however, it seems to be reading garbage characters instead of the real standard
> input.

The man page is outdated. This is a documentation bug. There is no stdin
reading supported and has not been for a long time as the ability to seek
within the file must be available for POV-Ray to work properly with all
scene files.

	Thorsten, POV-Team