POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : +KFFn causes hang on Vista Server Time
7 May 2024 11:09:33 EDT (-0400)
  +KFFn causes hang on Vista (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Mathuin
Subject: +KFFn causes hang on Vista
Date: 2 Oct 2008 09:35:00
Message: <web.48e4cdeaad4934d0d8a103ef0@news.povray.org>
I am using Version 3.6.1.msvc8.win64 on Windows Vista 64 Ultimate.

My processor is an Intel Core 2 Extreme Q6850 @ 3.00GHz (no overclocking) and I
have 4G of RAM.

I attempted to render multiple frames using the +KFF feature on a known good
source file and the application hung.  The last thing displayed in the messages
window was this:

Animation Options
  Initial Frame:        1  Final Frame:       10
  Initial Clock:    0.000  Final Clock:    1.000
  Cyclic Animation.....Off  Field render.........Off  Odd lines/frames.....Off

The message window hangs in mid-scroll and the application does not return and
must be killed.  I reduced the source file to a single comment and the problem
remains.

I have seen some mention of this problem in the Windows newsgroup but nobody
filed a bug report so I thought I would here.  Any workarounds (such as a
pointer to the most recent version that doesn't have this bug) would be
appreciated.