POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Right-click menu in Windows Explorer Server Time
20 Apr 2024 00:04:59 EDT (-0400)
  Right-click menu in Windows Explorer (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Right-click menu in Windows Explorer
Date: 22 Jan 2018 14:47:08
Message: <5a663fbc$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/22/2018 2:40 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 1/22/2018 2:30 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> I tried 3.62 on my principal Windows 7 machine, and the behavior is
>> kind of random. It's possible my system is messed up after
>> installing/reinstalling POV-Ray so many times.
>>

>> Mike
>
> Now I can't uninstall/repair POV-Ray 3.62.
>
> "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified location
> exists and is writable."
>
> Sigh.

This was easy to fix. Simply restart Explorer in Task Manager.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 22 Jan 2018 15:25:00
Message: <web.5a6647ddf442417a47873e10@news.povray.org>

> This was easy to fix. Simply restart Explorer in Task Manager.

I've never attempted such a thing on a running system; I thought it would
completely shut down the Windows OS, or something just as bad, leading to...
chaos!  :-O

Post a reply to this message