POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : What happened to the bug tracker? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:52:50 EDT (-0400)
  What happened to the bug tracker? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: What happened to the bug tracker?
Date: 14 Sep 2016 02:57:19
Message: <57d8f4cf$1@news.povray.org>
http://bugs.povray.org/

The above link leads to a blank "Not Found" page. Is there a new system
in place?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: What happened to the bug tracker?
Date: 14 Sep 2016 03:07:27
Message: <57d8f72f$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/14/2016 2:57 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> http://bugs.povray.org/
>
> The above link leads to a blank "Not Found" page. Is there a new system
> in place?
>

> Mike

I found it on github.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 21 Sep 2016 17:08:56
Message: <57e2f6e8$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/14/2016 3:07 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 9/14/2016 2:57 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> http://bugs.povray.org/
>>
>> The above link leads to a blank "Not Found" page. Is there a new system
>> in place?
>>

>> Mike
>
> I found it on github.

is the official enough for me to change in the docs and mention github
instead?

Post a reply to this message

From: William F Pokorny
Date: 3 Oct 2016 11:26:04
Message: <57f2788c$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/21/2016 05:08 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 9/14/2016 3:07 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> On 9/14/2016 2:57 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>>> http://bugs.povray.org/
>>>
>>> The above link leads to a blank "Not Found" page. Is there a new system
>>> in place?
>>>

>>> Mike
>>
>> I found it on github.
>
> is the official enough for me to change in the docs and mention github
> instead?

I found the FlySpray bug site up a few minutes ago. Thank you to
whomever brought the site back up again!

Given our code base is on github, new issues and requests should
certainly be created on github and so I believe our recent documentation
updates to point new issues to github are OK.

The question I have is whether bugs.povray.org will now be available
indefinitely and something we can continue to refer to on github or
should we work to port the FlySpray issues over to github issues where
the FS issues are still meaningful with the idea the FlySpray site will
be going away?

Maybe some partial movement of only 3.7+ issues to github given the
FlySpray site is valid for reporting 3.6 issues, where github is only
valid for 3.7 onward?

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message