POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Keep Single Instance not always working Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:27:49 EDT (-0400)
  Keep Single Instance not always working (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Keep Single Instance not always working
Date: 1 Sep 2015 20:28:04
Message: <55e64294$1@news.povray.org>
Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.7.0.msvc10
Windows 7 Pro x64

The Keep Single Instance feature is not always working. When alternating
between opening POV files and INC files by double clicking on a file in
Windows Explorer, sometimes a second instance of POV-Ray is created.

I haven't been able to determine an exact sequence of actions that
produces this result. Though I have noticed that POV files like to go in
the first instance, and INC files in the second instance.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

> I haven't been able to determine an exact sequence of actions that
> produces this result. Though I have noticed that POV files like to go in
> the first instance, and INC files in the second instance.

Is it possible you sometimes use 32-bit and sometimes 64-bit version?

Or otherwise have multiple versions of pvengine(64).exe on your system?

Post a reply to this message

On 9/21/2015 12:42 PM, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> On 02.09.2015 2:28, Mike Horvath wrote:
>
>> I haven't been able to determine an exact sequence of actions that
>> produces this result. Though I have noticed that POV files like to go in
>> the first instance, and INC files in the second instance.
>
> Is it possible you sometimes use 32-bit and sometimes 64-bit version?
>
> Or otherwise have multiple versions of pvengine(64).exe on your system?

You are correct! How do I fix it?

Windows 7 Pro x64

Post a reply to this message