POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Suspicious behavior? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:53:16 EDT (-0400)
  Suspicious behavior? (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: posfan12
Subject: Suspicious behavior?
Date: 7 Jan 2014 18:27:30
Message: <52cc8d62@news.povray.org>
POVray experienced a 'bad allocation' error. Is it supposed to stop
parsing/rendering when this happens? It didn't. I had to stop the render
manually.

After I stopped POVray manually, the offending line 624690 was
highlighted in yellow as it is supposed to AFAIK.

Also after stopping POVray, the program wouldn't surrender the allocated
RAM. I had to manually kill the POVray process in order to get the RAM back.

Have I encountered a bug or is this normal behavior?

Mike

POVRAY VERSION:
3.7.0.msvc10.win64

SCREENSHOT:
http://s421.photobucket.com/user/SharkD2161/media/Support/pov_bad_allocation_error_zps5267f909.png.html

SCENE FILES:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ldh4jq0ndnoczaf/pov_bad_allocation_error_01.zip

SPECS:
Operating System
	Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
	Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.40GHz	36 °C
	Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
	3.00GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-4-4-14)
Motherboard
	eMachines EMCP73VT-PM (CPU 1)	26 °C
Graphics
	ASUS VS247 (1920x1080@60Hz)
	767MB GeForce GTX 460 (nVidia)	43 °C
Hard Drives
	466GB Seagate ST350041 8AS SCSI Disk Device (SATA)	35 °C
Optical Drives
	HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH41N SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
	High Definition Audio Device

--
http://isometricland.net

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is
active.

I forgot to add that the scene requires LightSysIV.

http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Lightsys

Mike

---