POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Installation into "My Documents": All Scenes Lost! Server Time
15 May 2024 06:35:31 EDT (-0400)
  Installation into "My Documents": All Scenes Lost! (Message 11 to 20 of 29)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 9 Messages >>>
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Re: Installation into "My Documents": All Scenes Lost!
Date: 13 Sep 2009 20:03:43
Message: <4aad885f@news.povray.org>
Hi,

well, that was one of the first things I was considering. Here in Jamaica
where i live (though I am a German) is no company offering such recovery
services, I would have to send the harddrive by mail to a location in the US
(they are the closest where you could find such companies) and hope the
harddrive will arrive (not a guarantee here in Jamaica).

But even so, such recovery services are immensily expensive. And meanwhile,
with all the file operations on that harddrive, their space must have been
overwritten many times.

Yes, of course it was my own fault to have my own ideas where I want to
store my files. But that all wouldn't have happened if POV-Ray's installer
wouldn't move around my own files. That is the cause for my fault, I would
think. And yes, I agree, the POV-Ray's installer needs to be smarter, as
mentioned in the previous postings of other newsgroup members. Remember,
what we do here is not to say "Your Fault", "My Fault", what we try to do
here is to give constructive suggestions to make things better and saver,
and more user-friendly.

"Christian Froeschlin" <chr### [at] chrfrde> wrote in message
> You should be aware that they probably can still be brought back.
> If they are important enough to you, I'd recommend to stop using your
> hard disk immediately and bring in to a professional recovery service.

Post a reply to this message